Madison County Manufacturing
- Madison County, New York is an excellent location for manufacturing operations:
- Madison County draws labor from both the Syracuse and Utica-Rome markets, giving employers choices in hiring and average wages lower than New York State’s (see below).
- Competitive electricity costs and a highly dependable power supply are key benefits to local manufacturers.
- Despite New York State’s reputation as a union-heavy state, Madison County has a low unionization rate and has not experienced a private business labor strike in at least the past 30 years.
- Labor availability in the manufacturing fields is significantly higher than in neighboring counties.
- There are dozens of available sites and buildings, including many “shovel-ready” sites.
- Seventeen higher education institutions fall within 60 miles of Madison County.
|Median Hourly Wage – Manufacturing|
|Standard Occupational Classification||Occupation||Syracuse MSA (includes Madison County)||Utica – Rome MSA||New York State|
|51-1011||First Line Supervisors/Managers of Production and Operating Works||$28.01||$24.97||$28.78|
|51-9061||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers and Weighers||$15.97||$17.12||$17.26|
|51-9111||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||$11.87||$11.81||$12.08|
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2013 Metropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage estimates.
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.