Logistics / Warehousing / Distribution
Madison County, New York located near the crossroads of I-90 and I-81 is the smart location for your next warehouse or distribution center with :
- Over 20 million people live within 500 miles of Madison County, New York, providing excellent access to markets without the high costs, risk, and congestion of these urban areas.
- Our locational advantages include ready access to interstate highways, Class I rail, air transport, and the Port of Oswego.
- Labor costs for typical logistics/warehousing/distribution occupations are up to 50% lower than for New York State as a whole (see below).
- Despite New York State’s reputation as a union-heavy state, Madison County has a low unionization rate and has not experienced a private business labor strike in at least the past 30 years.
- Madison County has dozens of available sites & buildings.
- Lease rates are favorable, with existing warehouse space at $1.50 – $3,00/square foot NNN and existing production/industrial space leasing at $1.50-$3.00/square foot NNN.
|Median Hourly Wage of Logistics/Warehousing/Distribution Centers|
|Standard Occupational Classification||Occupation||Syracuse MSA (includes Madison County)||Utica – Rome MSA||New York State|
|53-3032||Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor Trailers||$17.63||$17.63||$20.28|
|53-3033||Truck Drivers, Light or Heavy Services||$12.61||$12.61||$15.34|
|53-7062||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||$12.26||$12.26||$12.51|
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2013 Metropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage estimates
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.