Madison County is ideally located within 60 miles of 17 higher educational institutions. The region offers a strong selection of colleges, universities, and vocational institutions with diverse areas of study. For example:
- Morrisville State College offers over 70 associate and bachelor programs in many technical and agriculture fields. With small class sizes and cutting edge technology, Morrisville State College is the place to prepare you for Madison County’s dynamic workforce.
- Cazenovia College creates individualized programs that are specialized for students, matching skill sets with available programs and co-curricular opportunities. Through the general education program and the liberal arts curriculum, students grow to be innovators in the work place and the community.
- The Utica School of Commerce (USC) offers various programs registered by NY State Department of Education including Business Administration, Administrative Specialist, Health Services Management, Microcomputer Technologies, Legal Office Assistant and several Certificate Programs. It opened its Madison County campus in Canastota in 1985.
- Colgate College is a 4-year institution serving 2,800 students.
- Syracuse University is another 4-year institution with 10,680 students.
An additional 16 colleges are within a two hour’s drive of Madison County, including institutions such as Cornell University, Utica Colleges, Mohawk Valley Community College and Onondaga Community College.
The importance and value of vocational studies is not overlooked in Madison County. Both high school juniors and seniors as well as adults have access to fields such as Allied Health, Business, Criminal Justice, various Technology applications, and Early Childhood Education.
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.