Back Office / Call Centers
New York State is known worldwide as the capital of the financial system. But, back office operations do not need to be located on Wall St. to be the most productive and profitable for its stakeholders. That is why Central New York has become a hub for back office operations, which have flourished in the last decade. Key advantages include:
- Competitive wages (see below) and strong labor availability for occupations in this industry. Madison County, located between Syracuse and Utica-Rome, draws labor from both markets.
- State-of-the-art telecommunications networks .
- Many available sites and buildings.
- A cost of living that is 10% lower than the national average and housing costs that are 51%lower than the national average.
- Severe weather is almost unheard of in Madison County. Tornadoes in Madison have only caused one injury recorded between 1950 and 2004 and the historical earthquake activity is significantly below the New York State average, and it is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
- Madison County is in a 60 mile radius of 17 higher education institutions to educate and retrain your workforce.
- Lease rates range from $6.00 – 9.00/NNN or $12.00 inclusive in some cases.
- Madison County is accent neutral, making it a perfect location for call centers or back offices.
- Many employers and call centers have relocated to the greater Syracuse and Utica/Rome regions to take advantage of lower cost labor and a desire to migrate of larger metropolitan areas, such as New York City.
|Median Hourly Wage of Back Office/Call Workers|
|Standard Occupational Classification||Occupation||Syracuse MSA (includes Madison County)||Utica – Rome MSA||New York State|
|43-4051||Customer Service Representative||$16.14||$13.96||$16.71|
|43-4171||Receptionists and Information Clerks||$11.89||$11.76||$13.74|
|43-9041||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||$16.34||–||$18.45
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2013 Metropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage estimates
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.